Galectins are a structurally-related family of proteins; 14 different galectins have been characterized. They are cytoplasmic proteins and can be translocated into the nucleus. Gal-3 has been found overexpressed in most malignant thyroid neoplasms. However, it was not detectable in normal and nonmalignant tissue. Galactin 3 is a useful marker to differentiate benign from malignant (Calactin-3 positive) thyroid neoplasms.
KIT COMPONENTS (100 reactions)
- 50x DAB Chromogen 1 x 0.5ml
- Biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG(H+L) 1 x 15ml
- DAB substrate 1 x 15ml
- Hydrogen Peroxide Block 1 x 15ml
- Protein block 1 x 15ml
- Streptavidin Peroxidase 1 x 15ml
- Rabbit anti-human Galectin 3
Store at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
The products is “”FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES”””