The Celltechgen™ T4 DNA Ligase catalyzes the formation of a phosphodiester bond between juxtaposed 5′-phosphate and 3′-hydroxyl termini in duplex DNA or RNA. The enzyme repairs single-strand nicks in duplex DNA, RNA, or DNA/RNA hybrids. It also joins DNA fragments with either cohesive or blunt termini, but has no activity on single-stranded nucleic acids.
• T4 DNA Ligase requires ATP as a cofactor.
• Active in restriction enzyme, PCR, and RT buffers (when supplemented with ATP)
• Fast—sticky-end ligation is completed in 10 minutes at room temperature
• Supplied with PEG solution for efficient blunt-end ligation
•The volume of the ligation reaction mixture should not exceed 10% of the competent cell volume in the transformation process.
• Prior to electro-transformation, remove T4 DNA Ligase from the ligation mixture using spin columns or chloroform extraction. The extracted DNA can be further precipitated with ethanol.
Celltechgen provides high-quality reagents and materials for research use only. For proper handling of potentially hazardous chemicals, please request the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) provided for the product.