The Celltechgen™ Mammalian Protein Extraction Reagent is designed to provide highly efficient total soluble protein extraction from cultured mammalian cells.
Features of M-PER Mammalian Protein Extraction Reagent:
• Gentle—mild detergent lysis, yielding extracts that are immediately compatible with coomassie (Bradford) and BCA protein assays or SDS-PAGE
• Compatible—extracts soluble proteins in nondenatured state, enabling direct use in immunoprecipitation and other affinity purification procedures
• Amine-free and dialyzable—formulation ensures compatibility with subsequent assay systems
• Convenient—lyse adherent cells directly in plate or after scraping and washing in suspension
• Non-denaturing—maintain activity of luciferase, beta-galactosidase, CAT and other reporter genes as well or better than other suppliers’ products and freeze/thaw methods
The complete cell lysis reagent contains a mild, nondenaturing detergent that dissolves cell membranes to extract and solubilize total protein from most cellular compartments. Extraction is accomplished in only 5 minutes and requires little or no additional mechanical disruption. M-PER reagent is formulated for minimal interference with downstream biological applications. The reagent has been validated for use with several cell lines, including primary, suspension and adherent cell types; the resulting cell lysates are compatible with many downstream assays including immunoassays, enzyme assays and a variety of common reporter assays.
Cellular protein extraction—cell lysis to release the proteins of interest—is a key first step in many proteomics analysis procedures. M-PER reagent is designed to efficiently extract soluble protein from a variety of cell types, including primary cells and cells grown in suspension or adherent culture conditions. Performance of M-PER reagent was evaluated for yields of both total protein and specific target proteins from the various cellular compartments. Additionally, because M-PER reagent is formulated with dialyzable components that are devoid of primary amines, it is more compatible with certain downstream applications, such as luciferase, beta-galactosidase, and CAT assays, than other protein extraction methods.
Upon receipt store product at room temperature.
50ml ; 100ml
Celltechgen provides high-quality reagents and materials for research use only. For proper handling of potentially hazardous chemicals, please request the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) provided for the product.