Somatostatin is a useful marker of D-cells of pancreatic islet cells. D-cells are used to identify hyperplasia of the pancreatic islets. Most of these tumors are malignant, giving rise to somatostatinomas. Somatostatin suppresses gastric acid secretion, gallbladder contractions and pancreatic insulin secretion; therefore, the most common clinical manifestations of patients with these tumors are mild diabetes.
KIT COMPONENTS (100 reactions)
- 50x DAB Chromogen 1 x 0.5ml
- Biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG(H+L) 1 x 15ml
- DAB substrate 1 x 15ml
- Hydrogen Peroxide Block 1 x 15ml
- Protein block 1 x 15ml
- Streptavidin Peroxidase 1 x 15ml
- Rabbit anti-human Somatostatin
Store at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
The products is “”FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES”””