Calretinin is the most specific and reproducible positive marker of epithelial mesothelioma. Calretinin is a calcium-binding protein similar to S100 protein. It is found in the central and peripheral nervous system and in a wide spectrum of non-neural cells, including steroid-producing cells of ovaries and testes, fat cells, renal tubular epithelial cells, eccrine glands, thymic epithelial cells and mesothelial cells. Calretinin immunostaining is found in most epithelial mesotheliomas.
KIT COMPONENTS (100 reactions)
- 50x DAB Chromogen 1 x 0.5ml
- Biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG(H+L) 1 x 15ml
- DAB substrate 1 x 15ml
- Hydrogen Peroxide Block 1 x 15ml
- Protein block 1 x 15ml
- Streptavidin Peroxidase 1 x 15ml
- Rabbit anti-human Calretinin
Store at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
The products is “”FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES”””